Immunity from Seizure Information
Part 6 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 provides immunity from seizure for cultural objects which are loaned from overseas to temporary public exhibitions in approved museums or galleries in the UK where conditions are met when the object enters the UK.
The conditions are:
- The object is usually kept outside the UK
- The object is not owned by a person who is resident in UK
- The import of the object does not contravene any law
- The object is brought into UK for purpose of a temporary public exhibition at an approved museum or gallery
- The museum or gallery has published information about the object
For further information on immunity from seizure, please refer directly to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 or the DCMS website
Download Manchester City Galleries Due Diligence Policy and Procedures document.
For further enquiries please contact:
Manchester City Galleries
Manchester Art Gallery
Manchester M2 3JL
Tel: +44 (0)161 235 8890