Wednesday 31 October 2012
Try this creative workshop for 14-19 year olds.
Creative Consultants is a group of 14-19 year olds who meet at Manchester Art Gallery on Sundays 1-3pm from 11 Nov 2012 to March 2013.
At the weekly workshops you will:
• Work along side artists Katy McCall (painter) and Jim Medway (comic book artist) to explore the collections and exhibitions
• Visit other creative and cultural venues in the North West and London
• Try contemporary art – making techniques
• Create your own responses to exhibitions
• Contribute to cultural life in the city
• Develop your understanding of contemporary art
• Build your creative networks with peers and industry professionals
• Become a creative thinker
This year we’ll be investigating art that responds to Manchester, the UK and urban life. We’ll be having a close look at Dreams Without Frontiers, an exhibition which has been co-curated by Dave Haslam (DJ and writer who came to fame in the days of Manchester’s Hacienda club scene) and we want to know what Manchester and its art means to you.
Workshops take place at Manchester Art Gallery on Sundays 1-3pm.
• Sundays 11, 18 and 25 November 2012
• Sundays 2 and 9 December 2012
• Sundays 13, 20, 27 January 2013 (20 Jan off site visit)
• Sundays 3, 10, 17 Feb 2013
Free, all welcome
Please note, further info about 20 Jan 2013 off site visit will be available during sessions nearer the time.
Places are limited. Please email Kate Day on email@example.com or phone 0161 2358855 to book.